Not being able to run has been such a humbling experience. Doing what you love is a privilege and should be treated that way. I'm itching to get back on track, but I am also making sure I am completely healed before I venture out on my first run.
Last night I laced up my running shoes for the first time in over five weeks. It felt so good! I dusted off my treadmill and decided to go for a walk. At the pace I was going, it felt more like crawling than walking, but I'll take what I can get. I have to start somewhere, right? I walked on a minimal 2% incline for a total of 65 minutes (distance was 5K).
During my walk, I imagined myself being healthy and what it will feel like once I am running again. To help pass the time, I read some pretty interesting articles featured in May's Women's Health magazine. Not only was I exercising and feeling good, but I was also learning a great deal. For instance, did you know you should marinate your flank steak after it's cooked instead of before?? Yeah, I didn't either. I'm definitely trying that tonight!
I know it's only a matter of time before I am back to my usual self. For now, I will continue to go on long leisurely walks. Baby steps!

No comments:
Post a Comment