Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Six Weeks of What?

I miss: the sweat in my eyes, cramps in my legs, wind in my hair, tangled earbud chords, but most importantly I miss running.

The last time I ran was exactly 22 days ago (but who's counting?!). As per doctor's orders, I must remain sedentary for at least 3 more weeks. That makes 6 weeks of absolutely no running, no exercise, nothing, nada, zilch!

So, what am I doing to pass the time? I have become a tv watching addict...thank you, itunes! I have caught up on some of the tv shows I've been wanting to watch for ages: Sons of Anarchy (currently on season 5), Carrie Diaries, Big Bang Theory (I love you Sheldon!!), and Mad Men. Next on my list: Dexter, The Americans, and Scandal--please, no spoilers!

Books and magazines are also helping me pass the time and keeping me sane. Runner's World and Women's Running Magazine are awesome on the iPad, plus I get to live vicariously through all those lucky people training and racing. "Finding Ultra" by Rich Roll is a good read so far; definitely keeping me motivated.

Lastly, I am taking this time to rest and fully appreciate the small things in life. A cup of hot tea goes a long way when it's prepared by the people you love (Thank you Lucero, you make the best tea ever)!

Here's to another 3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing...


No comments:

Post a Comment