Saturday, February 2, 2013

Running is Sexy??

According to my husband, any woman who runs is sexy! Ahh, gotta love this man. But truthfully, I think he's on to something. I couldn't agree with him more. Sexy shouldn't be strictly defined by a person's "hot" body. Instead, it's a frame of mind, an attitude...the way you carry yourself. All of the women runners I know are confident and strong, they are logging those long runs for a purpose, not giving up before the finish line. They smile after conquering those hills, high-five each other after a tough workout, and empathize with those that are injured. All of these attributes makes a runner sexy.
Yes, the cute running skirts, sparkly-glittery headbands, and colorful knee-high compression socks might also make us look good. But in the end, any woman who loves herself so much, that she is willing to get up at 5 am for an early morning workout (before the kids wake up) and stay up late to put in some extra mileage on the treadmill...that's what I consider a confident sexy woman.

Are you a sexy runner? I sure do hope so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment