- Eat more veggies & fruits with each meal. I love vegetables; either raw or roasted/grilled. Incorporating them into my meals is easy, hassle free. For instance, if I'm having a turkey sandwich for lunch, I will load it up with spinach, peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Actually, this is a favorite lunch option for me. However, fruits aren't as appealing. I have to be in the "mood" for a banana, apple, orange, etc. Breakfast smoothies might help me increase my fruit consumption (see next blog post for smoothie recipes...YUM!).
- Keep a Food & Fitness Journal. This goal works hand-in-hand with the one mentioned above. It's easier to track my fruit & veggie consumption if I log my meals. I began doing this last month and so far it's working. Sometimes you don't realize how much you eat and more specifically what you eat, but keeping a food journal is holding me accountable. I do give myself a "journal-free" day; a day in which I get to eat indulge and satisfy my junk food cravings without the need to journal.
- Remember to take my vitamins & supplements!! Staying healthy requires a lot of attention and hard work. It's a commitment to yourself, a promise that you will do what you have to in order to maintain a healthy heart and body. For me, taking a women's multivitamin, fish oil, flaxseed oil, biotin, and B12 help me achieve this goal. Only problem is, sometimes I get too busy and forget to take my vitamins. Recently I purchased a weekly pill organizer to make this task a little easier.
- Last but not least, work on this blog frequently; make it a routine. I love to journal and write things down. Some might even say, I am a compulsive list maker, a bit OCD. Therefore, blogging should come natural. Instead of spending countless hours making lists and modifying them on paper, I will blog!
What are your current goals for the month? Year?
No comments:
Post a Comment